Yesterday I finished my post about visiting the Freedom Center in Cincinnati (amazing, by the way!) and I hit you pretty hard by giving you some tough facts. I laid out some sobering information about the nasty reality of the whole thing. Maybe I got you all riled up about wanting to be an abolitionist yourself. (I sure hope so!!) But I realized that what I didn’t give you was some fantastic suggestions on how to do something about it. Well, for that, please forgive me. I’m attempting to make that right in today’s post. Check this stuff out and if you’re interested in knowing more, contact me. We can figure this craziness out together, okay?
- Memorize the National Human Trafficking hotline: 1-888-3737-888. That way you can call to report any suspicions you have of a potential victim
- Not sure what signs to look for?? Click here for a good list to get you started. It’s not always what you’d think.
Some web sites to visit to find out about human trafficking and a few of the organizations that fight it:
Some books to read on the topic:
- The Slave Next Door by Kevin Bales
- A Crime So Monstrous: Face-to-Face with Modern-Day Slavery by E. Benjamin Skinner
- Not for Sale: The Return of the Global Slave Trade and How We Can Fight It by David Batstone
- The Slave Across the Street by Theresa Flores
- Sold by Patricia McCormick
So what are you waiting for?? Go kick some butt.